Thursday, July 23, 2009

Too Many Blogs

In trying to compartmentalize my life, I somehow got myself into a blogging frenzy that's quite time-consuming (well it would be, if I kept up with them all), and tedious. I'm making things more complicated, I'm afraid.

My Four Blogs:

1) Procrastination Station - I like to use this blog to basically "go to town", to say what I want w/o thinking much about it, w/o thinking of hurting people's feelings, or without thinking about my mom gasping at what I say. It's kinda funny I have an audience at all. Most of the people that read this are people I have met online, through other blogs and forums. I do have 1 or 2 real life friends that read this, or at least know about it.

2) The Chronicles of Jude - Obviously, to write all about Jude

3) 2 Peas in a Pod + Jude - I have not made this public yet, but this is my blog about my current twin pregnancy. I give progress reports, including weight changes and belly pics. It's just a personal journal, so would probably be boring to anyone but me. I go into great detail on my thoughts, and get personal about gas and boobs and other fun topics to talk about when you are pregnant.

4) 2 Peas in a Pod + a Green Bean - The above 3 are on Blogger.com. This one is in our local newspaper, the online version. It's different from #3 in that I have a more public audience (well, theoretically...I don't think I really have one yet) that I must think about when I write, which means I can't get too long-winded, too boring, or too personal (although I've already mentioned that my farts smell like roses on that blog).


I think the main problem is with Blog #1..this blog, in fact. Why so secretive? Do I have something to hide? I already and purposely don't spend a lot of time bitching about family and friends. I guess....what if I want to talk about sex like I did on the porn post...some of you would find that interesting...but my mom? Other friends? Not sure.

I probably should just be myself. I think I should write what I want within reason, and my mom and others will have to learn how to deal. That's what real writers do, right? They write books with questionable content but they don't think, "Oooh..I shouldn't put this in here b/c what if Mom sees it. I don't want her to see me using the word 'Fuck'".

So I should just make this one known to my family and forget about it. Of course, that would mean I'd have to delete this post, b/c my mom wouldn't like me talking about her like this.

That still leaves me with 3 other blogs. I like having the separate Jude blog to keep all of that in one place, although I could just as easily tag the Jude entries on this blog if I wanted to keep track of them all. The the two Peas blogs...I really need those two to be separate. There is a lot more detail I want to keep track of than what I want to put on the local newspaper blog. And I don't want to quit doing the local newspaper blog b/c it makes me feel important, even though no one reads it.

I guess I'm right back where I started then with four blogs.

No comments:

site meter