The subtitle of this post is: BFL rocks.
Actually, I'm not even sure if it's BFL, so much as the general common sense of eating right and working out regularly.
I just had a baby in August, and (here's where you call me an "SB", you know who you are, but I'm lovin' it), I've lost all my pregnancy weight. All of it. Every last pound. Here's how much I've worked out since having the baby: zero. Oh, I've walked here and there, I take the stairs at work, but that's about it. But I'm a size 4 again.
I am almost certain that my miraculous weight loss has everything to do with doing 2 back to back BFL 12 week sessions right before I got pregnant. A) I think my body was able to handle the extra body weight from being pregnant, or rather, it was able to more easily get rid of it afterwards, and B) I picked up healthy eating habits from doing BFL; even though I'm not doing BFL right now, I still eat 6 times a day, and did throughout my pregnancy, still try to find whole wheat foods, non processed foods, etc, eat fruits and veggies and lots of water. Just not as strict as I would be when doing BFL.
The other thing that may have helped with weight loss might be b/c I'm still breastfeeding. BFing burns more calories.
Before it sounds like I'm a cocky bitch, let me put myself down before it's too late: The weight is down, I do look pretty good with clothes on, but I've got a long way to go before bikini time. My body fat to muscle ratio is all off. As in, I'm all fat and no muscle. It's not looking pretty. My belly has changed shaped and kinda just hangs there off my body. I'm not upset about it - I mean, it's the price you pay and I was so willing to pay it (I love my little boy!!!). I'm just saying that all is not perfect.
The first day of spring, I am going to start BFL again full force. I'm waiting that long b/c it feels good to procrastinate, and you know the time will go fast. Plus, I've always had a hard time working out in winter, with all the darkness and all the coldness. I never want to put on workout clothes b/c I'm so freaking cold all the time. And when it's dark, I sleep. So with the first day of spring, I'll have plenty of time to get in shape before bikini weather.
I'm scared to commit to it though. The biggest obstacle will be my son, God bless him. It's not his fault at all. I just don't know how I'll manage to work out, and take care of him at the same time.
1) He's pretty high maintenance. Putting him in the closet and ignoring him doesn't work.
2) I work full time, so the time I am home, I feel guilty if every last waking second isn't with him. When he falls asleep for the night, I'm too tired to work out.
3) My husband and I work different shifts, which means I'm all by myself most of the time, being a parent by myself. I never would have understood this statement before I had kids. Let me tell you, I have a whole new respect for parents, especially stay at home moms. It's really work. You weren't kidding. More rewarding work, but sitll work.
I know people who have serious workout programs going on who have much bigger obstacles than I do. I know it can be done. It's kind of strange getting used to be held accountable to someone, or rather, being responsible for someone else's well being. It used to be me, me, me, and I could work out whenever I wanted. Now, I've really got to plan things.
I don't think many people read this anymore, so I don't think too many people are going to mind all my bragging. I'm trying to get back into the blog world. I'm having trouble finding some people's blogs, and when I do and try to post, I can't for some reason.
Myblends: I'm going to try to get involved there, too. I don't know a lot of people on there now, and I have a bad habit of sticking to what I know, ha ha. I scared. :(
Tracker: I don't think I know ANYONE there anymore.
It'll all fall into place once I start BFL again, I think.
It's going to be fun being a "fit mom". I've always admired the fit moms, and always wanted to be one.
Funny, everyone thought I'd get fat (couldn't wait for it, in fact), and EVERYONE told me I'd go up a couple of sizes permanently (not talking about my online friends). Let me be the first to say:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...what were you saying?
I'm going straight to hell, I know. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't usually give myself credit, so it's all good.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh, yes. SB for sure. I think it's fantastic, though. I hope I can do the same. I don't really post much anymore....I'm always tired (don't know why.) Just wanted to drop you a line to say "hello."
HI MEL! I knew you'd be the first to chastise me. :) You can do the same. It's as easy as chicken and oatmeal (feel like throwing up yet?)
Great job. I think your better eating habits have to have helped.
The working out...it is hard when you have a little one. Do you have a jogging stroller? That could be one way to get your cardio in and keep Jude happy at the same time once there is more daylight in the evenings.
Weights...if you have or can get some dumbells for home, you'll be set as far as equipment. As far as WHEN to do it....you have to get creative there!
Glad you are enjoying motherhood. It's a wild ride, that's for sure....
Thanks Eileen!
Stroller: Just a regular one, but we might get a jogging one. The problem right now is, I can't walk the dog and Jude at the same time b/c my dog is a total spaz. I guess I could walk J w/o the dog, but the dog reaalllyy needs her walks.
Yes, we have weights and a bench at home, + the Bowflex dumbbells, so I can't use that excuse. It's all about the time managment. I'm too lazy right now to get up early. After work hasn't worked out yet, but it will. I'm getting excited about it (easy to do when I have another 2 months to start, ha ha).
Motherhood is awesome so far.
Hi KC, hope you don't mind me poking around. You sound like such a fun person and I so agree with you about motherhood being fun! Isn't it wonderful when you can lose all that baby weight when others say you won't...hahaha! Anyway, keep up the great attitude!!
Colette - I'm always happy to make new friends. I'm glad you stopped by. I checked out your blog, and it looks like you should be an expert in the kid-rearing cateogry, along with Eileen. I expect lots of unsolicited advice from you! :)
p.s. I am TOTALLY a fun person!
OK then, you will just have to get a double jogging stroller and put the dog in the other side.
ha ha, my dog sitting still? I don't think so.
I am trying to train her a la The Dog Whisperer though...
OK fine SB.. just be THAT way you rotten woman! *THBBBBBBTT* ~lol~
Nah ,it's all good hon! So glad to hear that you're happy & healthy & so is the darlin boy... Jogging strollers are fun..but yea with the dog could be a challenge in itself.. Dog whisperer??
check out this site. www.myblends.com.au
Post a Comment