Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Do you ever...

....drive through a stoplight following other cars, and then wonder afterwards if the light was really green?

...drive all the way to work and then realize you don't remember anything at all about the drive?

These things happen to me all the time. Especially with regards to the latter, this is why it is advised that you take different routes to routine destinations every now and again. You become so familiar with the same routes, that you get too comfortable (and in my case, you start daydreaming about how you are a rock star, or about how the person you had a crush on in h.s. is going to think you are SO HOT at your 20-year reunion next year and will gaze at you from across the room wishing they had you and how they will rue the day they rejected you....all with the music on the radio as the backdrop to the scene), and are therefore more likely to have an accident. That is why they say accidents are more likely to happen closer to home.

And those are Karla's Words of Wisdom for the day. Or maybe Karla's Stating the Obvious.

In any case, I had to put a post above my Sick of Shit post, which has been there forever, and which I keep reading as SACK of Shit. I have not been Sick of Shit for this long, I promise. It was just a day or two, at most. Now, I am thoroughly enjoying the shit for all it's color and aroma. After all, it never really goes away; it's all in how you choose to deal with it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a shitload of truth in this here post!

tg said...

Your second scenario happened to me just today. I remember driving up my street; the next thing I knew, as I was getting out of my car in the parking lot, one of my coworkers was saying "I thought that was you at the light." I sure hadn't noticed her, nor do I remember what I thought about along the way. I vaguely recall "autosteering" around the potholes that still haven't been fixed, and sitting under the aforementioned traffic signal outside my workplace, watching to see when it turned yellow for cross traffic.

At least I wasn't daydreaming for long: my commute is less than 3 miles.

Anonymous said...

Yup, after taking the same route to work and back for the last 12 years I seem to always be on autopilot.

Happy Mother's Day!!

Erin said...

You know, in some cases your posts are "Stating the Obvious" but it's the always the obvious that we don't necessarily notice, think about or talk about... I love the stuff you throw out here on your blog because I can inevitably relate... and the way you describe things makes even the seemingly mundane extemely entertaining!

KC said...

Justa - what the heck happened to you on Trackerola?

TG - heh...I do that all the time. My dad apparently sees me driving quite often as we live near each other and take many of the same routes, and I NEVER see him. Then he accuses me of ignoring him, heh.

Ev - Happy Late Mother's Day to you, too!

Erin - thanks my dear! I just say whatever. Luckily, there is no real pressure on a blog for the writing to really be "good", ha ha, which is the beauty of it. Hope things are going well with you! ;-)

Anonymous said...

KC, I'm untracked again. I was wasting too much time out there, and I was tired of all the mini-dramas that kept on going on.

That...and I'm quickly becoming a Crossfit convert, and don't feel it plays well with the BFL program.

I've got a bunch of blogs in my reader, and I catch up a bit that way.

site meter