Tuesday, April 15, 2008

sick of shit

I am at a point, unfortunately, where I am sick of everyone's shit. Just sick of it. Whine whine whine...right? no - I don't freaking have a hard life. I have an easy life. But one more little shovel of shit and I swear....I am on the brink. I am sick of people's fucking bullshit and the pile and stink it is making on my otherwise happy life.

Something has got to change. Me. Other people. Things. Something.

4 comments:

tg said...

I don't think it's "whine, whine, whine." Yeah, sometimes we should consider people who are "a lot worse off" than we are, in one way or another. But going all comparative doesn't really help resolve anything in our lives - it can keep us from addressing things we can and should do something about - among other hazards.

The truth is, others definitely have a big effect on our lives, for good and for ill. The latter sucks, frankly, and as much as we'd like to just blow them off and keep ourselves in a good place, it isn't so simple to actually do.

(Hope this doesn't feel like another trite shovel of shit . . .)

Anonymous said...

Shit tolerance is an acquired skill. I just can't seem to acquire it myself. Oh, well. Could be worse things in life...

KC said...

That was just a total vent post. I was just pushed too far by a series of little events, and needed to explode. What better place than here? I'm sure we've all had days like that.

Eileen - nothing like a totally vague and random post, eh? ;-)

TG - nope, not another shovel, heh. I think it's like this: I don't particularly like to hear people whine about trite issues, so I can't justify doing that myself. Maybe I need to change my views on listening to others trite complaints. To be honest, I don't really mind at all listening to the smallest of complaints from others. Really...and it's b/c I agree with your philosophy (that although they are small issues in the grand scheme of things, they are still are important to the person who has to deal with them). It's the people that complain day in and day out about these small things, and NEVER say anything good. I don't have a good grasp as to how often I do that. I know people once had issues with me being a downer when I was in my 20's, so I am very wary of complaining too much. And with my b&w way of thinking, if I don't want to complain too much, I simply don't complain at all, which leads to vague and random blog posts. :)

Justa - heh - yeah, I've improved on that skill myself, believe it or not. Still have work to do, it seems. I probably need to work out more of this angst in my exercise routine.

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with ya ~ it just seems to get worse no matter how I behave. I think the general public, co-workers, and even some "friends" are just turning into major *ssholes. Like there is no human decency anymore. Yeah there are still Good people out there but as time goes by it's Really hard to put any trust into Anyone. People are so Two faced anymore. OK ~ that felt Good, thanks.... I Really do consider myself a people person, I'm just really sick of getting the shit end of the stick all the time for no good reason. ~D

site meter