Ha ha! That title is a sarcastic joke.
For the most uptight people you'll ever meet, Matt & I are the most laid back people you'll ever meet. And that makes..no...sense.
We went to the season opener for football (of course) Saturday. We decided to tailgate. Our idea of tailgating is to avoid the crowds and have our own, private little tailgate. Which I guess that right there shows our uptightness.
It's not the people really...it's just that I think you have to pay now to tailgate in the designated tailgate areas. And..you have to park your car there the night before or really early and the whole thing just sounds like a hassle. *uptight!!!*
So we just hang out at a nearby park, heh.
We had the parking lot to ourselves mostly. We go back in the back...not in the more popular lots of the park. We kicked back, had some cocktails, and enjoyed the scenery. It was nice! I felt like we were being bad for having cocktails out in the open like that. That certainly shows my age!
We did meet one person though...heh. As the car pulled up, I thought we would have a fellow tailgater and so would not be complete losers. We talked for a while, and he was a really nice man and said he had been going to these football games since 1962 (!!!). Turns out though he was just waiting for his wife to meet him there and then they were going over to the cooler places to tailgate. Ha ha!
No story would be complete without hijinks and mishaps!
THE HIJINKS AND MISHAPS OF MATT AND KARLA'S TAILGATING PARTY:
1) I forgot our lunch. Damn it! I hate it when I do that. The sandwiches were still in the fridge at home, although we did have chips and Oreos and apples. We were forced to drink more Jack Daniels for the lack of food. It was terrible.
2) So with all that Jack, I had to tinkle. I knew I wouldn't make it to the stadium (old age again), so sadly, I was forced to take the Mother Nature route, i.e....use the woods. Bleh...there are so many reasons I hate doing that...
Anyway, I make it out there okay, find a good spot, do my business without getting caught (one of my fears), etc. On my way back to the car though, like an idiot, instead of going around this giant plant I came upon, I leap over it instead, like I'm in The Matrix or something. The hell??
The price I paid for not actually being in The Matrix is that I ended up covered from head to toe in those cockleburs or whatever they're called...those sticky little green seed things (not the huge brown thorny kind, but just as bad). Completely covered. And Matt & I spent the next 15 minutes or so picking them off of me. I felt like the dog.
I should have got a picture of that, but I didn't. I do have a couple of other pics though that I'll post later.
On the way there, we passed a parking lot that I think will be a better place to tailgate next time. Not in the middle of all the ruckus, but not quite so isolated. See you there! (Homecoming is the next game we're going to)
For the most uptight people you'll ever meet, Matt & I are the most laid back people you'll ever meet. And that makes..no...sense.
We went to the season opener for football (of course) Saturday. We decided to tailgate. Our idea of tailgating is to avoid the crowds and have our own, private little tailgate. Which I guess that right there shows our uptightness.
It's not the people really...it's just that I think you have to pay now to tailgate in the designated tailgate areas. And..you have to park your car there the night before or really early and the whole thing just sounds like a hassle. *uptight!!!*
So we just hang out at a nearby park, heh.
We had the parking lot to ourselves mostly. We go back in the back...not in the more popular lots of the park. We kicked back, had some cocktails, and enjoyed the scenery. It was nice! I felt like we were being bad for having cocktails out in the open like that. That certainly shows my age!
We did meet one person though...heh. As the car pulled up, I thought we would have a fellow tailgater and so would not be complete losers. We talked for a while, and he was a really nice man and said he had been going to these football games since 1962 (!!!). Turns out though he was just waiting for his wife to meet him there and then they were going over to the cooler places to tailgate. Ha ha!
No story would be complete without hijinks and mishaps!
THE HIJINKS AND MISHAPS OF MATT AND KARLA'S TAILGATING PARTY:
1) I forgot our lunch. Damn it! I hate it when I do that. The sandwiches were still in the fridge at home, although we did have chips and Oreos and apples. We were forced to drink more Jack Daniels for the lack of food. It was terrible.
2) So with all that Jack, I had to tinkle. I knew I wouldn't make it to the stadium (old age again), so sadly, I was forced to take the Mother Nature route, i.e....use the woods. Bleh...there are so many reasons I hate doing that...
Anyway, I make it out there okay, find a good spot, do my business without getting caught (one of my fears), etc. On my way back to the car though, like an idiot, instead of going around this giant plant I came upon, I leap over it instead, like I'm in The Matrix or something. The hell??
The price I paid for not actually being in The Matrix is that I ended up covered from head to toe in those cockleburs or whatever they're called...those sticky little green seed things (not the huge brown thorny kind, but just as bad). Completely covered. And Matt & I spent the next 15 minutes or so picking them off of me. I felt like the dog.
I should have got a picture of that, but I didn't. I do have a couple of other pics though that I'll post later.
On the way there, we passed a parking lot that I think will be a better place to tailgate next time. Not in the middle of all the ruckus, but not quite so isolated. See you there! (Homecoming is the next game we're going to)
No comments:
Post a Comment