Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Discovering the Main Differnece Between a Boy and a Girl

This is one of those types of stories where I have nowhere else to post it but here; a more public forum would never do. It's in the TMI category, but usually TMI=hilarious to me, especially when it's about me. Most people who read this blog know this about me, so I really cannot feel sorry for you for continuing to read this. :)

==========================================================

It happened. My son noticed that I don't have a penis.

He knows I'm pregnant, and knows my belly will get bigger, as it is already.

Last night I had my night shirt/pajamas on (like a t-shirt pajama thing), and I don't wear underwear with my pajamas (see...the TMI has already started...I just cannot stand underwear when I sleep...too constrictive).

So he lifts up my pajamas to check out the progress of my belly, which he does check out my belly, but then the following conversation ensues (after I'm fully covered again, btw):

Jude: You don't have a penis!

Karla: Yep, you are right!

Jude: What do you have then?

Karla: A vagina.

J: A vagina?

K: A vagina.

J: A vagina?

K: A vagina. Boys have penises, girls have vaginas.

J: Why???

K: Because that is just the way we are made.

J: Why???

K: Because we just are.

J: Why???

K: Because that is the way Mother Nature made us.

J: Why???

K: Well, that is just how we fit together.

J: Fit together???

Oops...not quite ready for that conversation yet. But luckily, he gets distracted in my hesitation and moves on. But, he remembers what he saw, because later...

Before bed I help him go potty, and as he is pulling his undies back on, he declares:

"I don't have hair on my balls like you do."

1 comment:

Marijayde said...

ROFL I am dying over here!!! I have tears, that is hysterical...

As the mommy of 2 girls we have only dealt with vagina's, however, my youngest did let me know one day that daddy had a "tail" and she didn't LOL...

They just don't add this stuff to that "What to expect" book they have out there ROFL!!!!

site meter