Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sarcasm School

EDIT 2-15-08: I've decided to delete most of this post for the simple reason that I do not like to slam my friends on the internet. I think that is in bad form. I feel better now that I vented, and I think I've found novel and witty ways to deal with her. I trust everyone that read it agreed with me. If you didn't have a chance to read it, well, I'm sure you weren't missing much.

**************************************************************************

And related to my previous post about being positive..."When Sarcasm Goes Wrong":


Being sarcastic can be funny. Being sarcastic can also be mean, also known as "sardonic" - cruelly sarcastic. I have made the mistake many times, but I don't like it when I make that mistake. My aim is to be witty, or funny at best, not to hurt people.


Sarcasm should be used carefully. It probably shouldn't be used at all when talking about other people, as opposed to using it regarding situations.

[rest of this deleted...see above]

[all you need to know is:.........]
She needs a lesson in sarcasm. She needs to enroll in Sarcasm School.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

People like that take all the fun out of being sarcastic. I can be very sarcastic, my hubby doesn't like it and CAN'T take a joke for the life of him, but I'm not a 'mean' sarcastic person. But, when someone is sarcastic like your 'friend', I usually come back with a 'mean' sarcastic and they finally GET that enough is enough. Good luck with her.

Pamela said...

Hmmm hope that sorts out .. & very much like that you are hoping to find the way to be positive & still be you .. it's just being clever enough to find your balance ..which I have NO doubt you can! You are one of the most brilliant minds I have come across!
:)

KC said...

Ev...I mean I will admit, it's tricky business. I often go over the line with my husband and have to retreat quickly. Thanks for the luck. :))

Pamela - Well..thanks! Do you hang out with lots of dumb people, ha ha? :)

Jen said...

I find that people either really "get" my sarcasm or they don't. If people don't get it, they are usually highly insulted and end up getting really pissed off at me. I guess that's the risk...

And yes - I did get your message on myblends. Sorry! I have been crazybusy lately - but thank you!!

site meter