Monday, September 15, 2008

Note to the girl behind me at the checkout...

"Do not put your checkout items on the conveyor belt until the person in front of you has put all of their items on the conveyor belt first. See, what happens is that the conveyor belt moves forward, hence bringing all of your stuff down to my end, and making the space I have left to put the rest of my items on small to non-existent."

I wanted to bitch slap that gal behind me.

I was about to make a remark of sorts, but noticed how young she was and chalked it up to inexperience. I mean, you don't learn this important lesson in life until you live it. Sure, logic should tell you so, but sometimes we get distracted and logic disappears. And, she was trying to carry like 20 items. More inexperience there. Next time, she will know to grab a cart and to wait to load her stuff.

And by young, I mean high school young. So I'm glad I didn't yell at her. I only had a couple of more items anyway, so I just handed them to the checker. Had I had a crap load of stuff like I usually do, I would have been forced to do something, like throw all her stuff on the floor.

Further, one doesn't want to go around yelling at people and making snide remarks to strangers (I mean one *wants* to, but we should play nice). You never know what people are going through in their personal lives. Good thing Matt wasn't with me. He enjoys yelling at stupid people.

Footnote: I got a book for Jude and he knows to put the items on the belt before we can take it home. So, he promptly put it in her section, b/c he didn't have much choice. I should have let her pay for it. That would have showed her.

;-)

1 comment:

tg said...

Yeah, but if you'd left his book in with her stuff, she'd have probably taken it home with her. Then you'd have really confused Jude; as a bright boy, it wouldn't take much reinforcement for him to learn that "sometimes when you put your stuff on the belt you don't get it back, especially if it's a really cool new book!" Imagine the problems that would have caused the next time!

Welcome back to blogland!

site meter