Thank you so much to all of you who responded so long ago on my request for advice about Jude's preschool. I did read all of your comments at the time and they were very helpful!!! I've just been busy with other things, and I'll get back to that in another post.
In short, things are much better now. I think in this instance, it was indeed a case of it being just a fluke; I caught them at a bad time. We had a a parent/teacher conference since then, and I asked some pointed questions and got good answers. I'm pretty happy with the preschool at the moment. It isn't PERFECT, but what is? It's a good school though, Jude really seems to thrive there, so I feel better about the whole thing.
To those I did not respond to, which is pretty much everyone:
TG:
I have observed his class at random times since then, and feel much better about it all. In our case, I am glad that Jude is not with his grandparents every day...heh..I don't think that would be the best for him. Oh...they love him...but only grandchild and all. They get him once a week, Fridays in fact, and they spoil him all they want to. Which is fine. For one day. :) (and not saying that Mrs. TG isn't the best choice!! I'm just talking about my circumstances. Perhaps if Jude was with my mom every day, it would be different. But knowing how my grandma spoiled me, I doubt it!)
Erin:
Yeah, I know you understand completely how I feel. I am sure a lot of it is a first-time mom thing. We'll probably toughen up later down the line and not cry at every little thing. Or not. For the record, I cried the very first day I took Jude to daycare, when he was 12 weeks old. People probably thought I was insane.
Simplicity:
I do remember you! I will try to get to your blog. I have been really bad about reading other's blogs lately. :(
Marijayde:
Hey girlfriend! Good to see you! Heh...thanks for the advice and support. Yeah..I know he'll make it and be fine. I guess this is what makes us all good moms, that we even think about this stuff. I imagine bad moms don't. And yeah about gym class...wtf? Shouldn't they just be running around like little heathens? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment